Living life with a sense of intentionality is so important for us and our students.
In this episode, we chat with Dr. Kim Nehls about how to live intentionally ourselves, how to be intentional with our kids and in the classroom, the importance of disruption and challenging stereotypes, and much more. See below for a full list of topics covered in this episode and tune in to hear more!
Key Topics Covered in This Episode:
- Background on Kim, her experience at UNLV, and her credentials
- The importance of feeling heard by and being connected with other people
- How to be intentional about creating community + how Kim does it in her classes
- The value found in challenging stereotypes and including representation/diversity in the classroom
- How Kim teaches her own kids to live intentionally + their experience traveling as a family
- The importance of discussing who is making a difference and being “disruptors”
- Teenager’s important need to belong
- Where Kim pulls her energy from and the importance of knowing your purpose
- What Kim does for self-care and her mental health
Looking to be on the show or know an expert who’d make a great guest in 2022? Send us a DM on our Instagram! (Linked below)
Connect with the hosts: